The threat of war is on the rise. After wars of aggression against Yugoslavia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and Syria, steps have been taken for war against Russia. The encirclement of Russia with military bases, the expansion of NATO to the east, the construction of a U.S. missile defense shield, and „Western“ operations in Ukraine are part of this confrontation. „We are at war, and this war can become total war,“ declared the French President Hollande in February 2015. The danger of another world war exists. When an atomic-armed Russia finds itself under attack, as ex-State Secretary Willy Wimmer said in November 2014, “Nothing will be left of us.” Therefore, for all the forces of peace there is just one choice: to say NO! Germany needs to step out of the imperialist structures of the war. Phasing out of NATO is the central slogan. We therefore call on the Bundestag and the German Federal Government:
Bow out of the NATO Treaty!
The Bundestag (Parliament) has the power to decide this, because „Any Party may cease to be a Party one year after its notice of denunciation has been given to the government of the United States.“ That’s from the North Atlantic Treaty in Article 13. Germany dare not remain any longer a member in an organization that is dominated by the policy of U.S. imperialism, the main threat to world peace. Germany must be neutral.
End the Convention on the Presence of Foreign Forces!
The Convention on the Presence of Foreign Forces in the Federal Republic of Germany of Oct. 23, 1954 allows some NATO countries to use West German territory for militarily deployment. This has been in effect since the completion of the Two Plus Four Treaty, but it may be terminated with a two-year period under an agreement (Exchange of Notes dated Sept. 25, 1990). The German Federal Government must immediately take this right seriously. The territory and airspace of Germany should no longer be abused for U.S. and NATO wars of aggression. The secret facilities must be closed. Spying must be terminated. No limitations of sovereignty – in particular no, allow the acts of war to go out from German soil!
Cooperate with Russia!
According to Stratfor chief George Friedman, the aim of the United States for more than 100 years has been to prevent an alliance of Germany with Russia. That cannot remain a mainstay of German policy. Instead what must apply is: No sanctions against Russia, but understanding and cooperation for the benefit of all peoples of Europe; No support for a government in Kiev that came to power t through a coup with the help of fascists and that promotes anti-democratic tendencies and anti-Russian hatred. No eastward expansion of NATO and the European Union.
Follow a fundamentally different, peaceful foreign policy!
This includes: End all Bundeswehr (German Armed Forces) missions abroad. Prohibit German arms exports in general. Banish nuclear weapons from German soil; end the „nuclear sharing.“ Outlaw „extrajudicial executions“ with drones. End the policy of extortion by economic sanctions, as is currently used also against Syria and Iran. No longer cover up the internationally wrongful actions of Israel against the Palestinian nation in the name of „German raison d’état,“ but stand up for a just peace. Demand an independent international investigation of the crime of 11 September 2001. Defend international law. Use the United Nations in its function as a collective security system. Don’t battle refugees but battle the causes of their flight.
End subjection to „supranational“ financial capital’s authorities!
This includes: Withdrawal from the negotiations on a so-called transatlantic free trade agreement (TTIP), which has the purpose, essentially, to newly coordinate the „Western“ power bloc against rivals such as China and Russia and enforce neoliberal diktats against the sovereignty and democratic self-determination of peoples. This includes the repeal of all EU standards, allowing big business to destroy entire economies, such as in Greece. The BRICS and other emerging countries could be new partners. Finally, exiting from the EU must not be a taboo. The anti-social development within the EU has led in Germany to 1 percent of the population owning more than 60 percent of the country’s financial assets; this must be changed.
GERMANY OUT OF NATO – NATO OUT OF GERMANY
Responsible: Klaus von Raussendorff, An der Nessel Burg 91, 53179 Bonn
The call is supported by:
1. Aachener Aktionsgemeinschaft „Frieden jetzt“
3. Arbeitskreis Marburger Wissenschaftlerinnen und Wissenschaftler für Friedens- und Abrüstungsforschung e.V.
4. Bündnis für Soziale Gerechtigkeit und Menschenwürde e.V. (BüSGM), Berlin
5. Deutscher Freidenker-Verband e.V.
6. Deutsche Sektion des Europäischen Friedensforums
7. Die Bandbreite
8. Enzyklopädie des Islam
9. Euregioprojekt Frieden e.V.
10. Freundschaftsgesellschaft BRD-Kuba e.V., Regionalgruppe Essen
11. Freundschaftsgesellschaft BRD-Kuba e. V. – Regionalgruppe Frankfurt am Main
12. Friedenswacht Neubrandenburg
13. Gemeinschaft für Menschenrechte im Freistaat Sachsen e.V. (GMS)
14. Gesellschaft zur Rechtlichen und Humanitären Unterstützung e. V. (GRH)
15. Gesellschaft zum Schutz von Bürgerrecht und Menschenwürde e. V. (GBM)
16. Heidelberger Forum gegen Militarismus und Krieg
17. Initiative „Alternative Presseschau – Nachrichten aus dem Donbass, der Ukraine und Russland“
18. Initiative Antikriegskonferenz
19. Initiative für globale Gleichheit, Heilbronn
20. Integrer Republikanischer Artikel 146 Bund
21. Internationales FrauenFriedensarchiv Fasia Jansen e.V. (IFFA)
22. Internationales Solidaritätskomitee „Slobodan Milošević“
23. IPPNW Regionalgruppe Hamburg
24. IPPNW AK Süd-Nord
25. Islamischer Weg e.V.
26. KAOS Kunst- und Video-Archiv e.V.
29. Kunst für Frieden e.V.
30. LUFTPOST – Friedenspolitische Mitteilungen aus der US-Militärregion Kaiserslautern/Ramstein
31. Mahnwache Bonn
32. Marx-Engels-Zentrum Berlin
33. Montagsdemo, Mahnwache, Friedens-Party Koblenz
34. Montagsmahnwache Krefeld
35. Mütter gegen den Krieg Berlin-Brandenburg
37. Neue Rheinische Zeitung (NRhZ)
38. Planetare Bewegung für Mutter Erde (PBME)
39. Redaktion von krisenfrei.de
40. Revolutionärer Freundschaftsbund e.V. (RFB)
41. Solidaritätskomitee für Syrien, Frankfurt
42. Vereinigung für internationale Solidarität e.V. (VIS)
43. Würselener Initiative für den Frieden
Translation German to English: John Catalinotto
Aktualisiert am 4. Februar 2016